Sportivate is a £56 million national project that aims to get more 11-25's regularly participating in sporting activities.
Sport Nottinghamshire will be coordinating Sportivate in Nottinghamshire and will be investing approx £160,000 per year between April 2011 and March 2017.
We will be looking to support and develop projects that will engage with and stimulate 11-25 year olds who don’t currently participate in any sport or exercise. We are expecting to fund a wide range of activities across the county, targeting all sections of the community.
Sportivate 2016-2017 Applications Round now open!
Do you want to deliver new activity to your group, club or organisation? The next Sportivate funding round is now open for projects to be delivered during April 2016 to September 2016!
Who is it for?
Aimed at inactive 11-25 year olds (focus on 14+) who do not normally seek out physical activity.
We will prioritise projects that include women and girls, 19-25 age group and disability projects.
What is it about?
Minimum of 6 weeks and maximum 8 weeks of new activity within your organisation.
Projects need to ensure that enough participants are targeted in order to retain the desired amount or ‘completed’ target at the end of the sessions.
There is no minimum or maximum funding, it's dependant on numbers retained and cost per head.
At the end of projects, participants are supported to continue activity at a local club or alternative provision.
Sportivate finishes March 2017, all current projects need to be completed and reported on by the 31st March in order to receive the remaining 50% of your funding. Unfortunately at present we are not accepting any more Sportivate applications
- Facility hire
- Equipment cost (up to 25% of the total project costs)
- Staffing costs (£25 per hour max per person or £40 for 2 staff per activity)
- Marketing and Publicity
- Training cost to sustain the activity eg L1/L2 coaching course
- Transport to and from activity
- Financial support to help exit route
- Projects up to £50 per person (disability projects allow for flexibility)
- Purchase of vehicles
- Projects with no clear exits routes
- Building and refurbishments
- Contingency costs
- Retrospective projects or items committed before funding is approved
- Projects with poor value for money (over £50 per person)
For more information, please contact Sarah Williams:
Tel: 0115 84 83819
- Funding Search
- Tackling Inactivity Workshop
- Platinum Business Club
- Where Funds Have Been Spent
- Top Tips - Applying for Funds
- Resources and Useful Links