Notts Leadership Academy Network
“The Nottinghamshire Leadership Academy Network is a great starting point for any young person wanting a career in the area of sport”
Dan Edson – Young Coach of the Year 2012 & 2013
What is the Notts Leadership Academy Network?
The Nottinghamshire Leadership Academy Network is a collective of Leadership & Volunteering development hubs specialising in the development of Sports Leadership for the most promising & talented young volunteers from across the county. These hubs are called Leadership Academies.
The NLAN provides high quality, regular support and development for young leaders and volunteers aged 14-19. Who are actively engaged in volunteering & leadership within their school and/or community, in order to develop and grow them as young people, as well as leaders and volunteers.
The County Leadership Academy provides the next stage in development for up to 5 nominated leaders & volunteers from each district. These leaders will spend a year with the Nottinghamshire Leadership Academy receiving additional training and support, as well as having access to some unique volunteering opportunities.
You can find more information about the Network by downloading our NLAN E-Guide.
We are always looking for new opportunities that will allow our young volunteers to apply their learning and expand their knowledge of sport.
The two ways that a club and/or sporting organisation can get involved with the Notts Leadership Academy Network are:
- Offer an volunteering opportunity; in order for our young volunteers to apply their learning we need placements where they can gain hands-on experinces of sport. If you have an opportunity that you think is suitable for NLAN volunteers then click here and complete our online registration form.
- Provide local training; our local leadership academies are always looking to provide training to futher develop their young volunteers, and a workshop from a local sports club/organisation is a great way to promote yourself to them and for them to learn from you. Please get in touch if you feel you can offer training to a local leadership academy, contact details to the right of this screen.
- Why Volunteer?
- Need Volunteers?
- Managing Volunteers
- Championing Notts In Norway
- Volunteer Opportunities
- The Nottinghamshire Volunteer Group
- Young person with a worry?
Notts Leadership Academy Network E-Guide
Download the Notts Leadership Academy Network e-guide to learn more and find out how you can join the team.