Why you should think about volunteering
Volunteering at sports events can be very rewarding and offers a great opportunity to:
- Develop new skills
- Improve personal development
- Make new friends
- Have lots of fun
With London 2012 legacy in full swing, volunteering can also provide individuals with some vital sports event experience to stand out from the crowd – over 70,000 volunteers were required for the 2012 Games.
Nottingham has a history of hosting world class national and international events such as:
- ICC World Twenty20
- Robin Hood Festival of Running
- FA Women’s Cup Final
- European Canoe Slalom Championships
- The Great Notts Bike Ride
- Wheelchair Tennis British Open
Being the host of these fantastic events means enthusiastic volunteers are always needed to help make sure they run smoothly, and that’s where you may be able to help.
- Need Volunteers?
- Managing Volunteers
- Championing Notts In Norway
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Notts Leadership Academy Network
- The Nottinghamshire Volunteer Group
- Young person with a worry?
- Training and Development